During or after a kick butt workout like boxing or bootcamp (next session starts Nov 3!), do you ever feel a little nauseous…like maybe that 3 o’clock snack might come back and “haunt” you aka you might be sick? Don’t worry, chicks – this happens to a lot of us and is one of the questions we get asked the most!
This chick tip is all about how to not be a sick chick (aka avoid nausea) during your sweat sessions and keep you feeling 100%.
Here are 3 things that you can try ASAP:
1. Eat a meal 1 to 2 hours before you workout. One of the largest causes of workout sickness is low blood sugar. If your body has already used up its stores of calories you may start to sweat more than usual, feel dizzy and nauseous and pass out. The best way to prevent it is that you eat a meal / snack of at least 300 calories with a mix of carbs and fats before you workout.
Good things to try that we have found won’t come back to haunt you are:
- 2 ingredient Banana Rama cookies
- Overnight oats with raspberries
- Eggs and 1 piece of whole grain toast
If it is not possible for you to eat a meal a few hours before you workout, then try a small smoothie or a protein shake but be careful it is not too liquidy…you don’t want that sloshing around in your belly!
2. NO GULPING. We have all been known to chug a lug water during a work out. You never want to chug water during your workouts as your body has a defense mechanism of causing vomiting if your stomach is too full. Think about upping your hydration throughout the day prior to your workouts and just sip during to keep your tummy feeling fab.
3. EYES OPEN CHICKS. Motion sickness can haunt a lot of chicks esp during exercises that involve a lot of up and down like burpees or movement like weight lifting. You don’t close your eyes when you exercise.. Open your eyes and focus on the horizon or one spot so your body can better understand the movement. Don’t worry about your astigmatism contact lenses falling off, for the body is a great thing, it will adapt chicks- you just have to show it the way!
Remember chicks, everybody is different and sometimes requires some trial and error to see what works for you! Try these 3 simple tips chicks to keep you feeling 100% before, during and after your sweat sessions…they work!
Have a fab day,
Laura, your Head Chick
FIT CHICKS xo