Green is our favorite color when it comes to beverages as it means there it contains chlorophyll, the green pigment in plants. But studies have shown that chlorophyll also has a TON of awesome health benefits for peeps including controlling hunger cravings, controlling body odor (bye by bad breath and stinky sweats!) and helping to detoxify the body.
So instead of throwing back the beer and booze which has a ton of calories and wreaks havoc on the system especially when trying to lose weight and get toned, try one of this “Chick Approved” options:
1. Liquid Chlorophyll & Soda Water – If you don’t have time to eat your veggies this is a great way to get your green fix (and it is SUPER bright green and pretty) Available at all health food stores in reg and mint.
2. Superfood Green Powder Drinks – While healthy has to start with a great diet of real, whole foods made with love, superfood powders are a great way to get your greens in when travelling or don;t have time to make your veggies or a green smoothie. Greens Plus and Organify are 2 of our faves for flavor and ingredients.
3. Green Smoothie Goodness – You know how much we LOVE a green smoothie! Packed with vitamins, minerals, chlorophyll and fibre, it will help heal your body, speed your metabolism and are just downright yummy. We made a special recipe for you below 🙂
PEPPY PEPPERMINT PATTIE SMOOTHIE
• 1 cup of water
• 1 cup of almond milk + 6 ice cubes
• 1 bunch of fresh mint
• 1 tbsp of almond butter
• 1-2 tbsp of raw cacao powder
• Stevia to taste
• 1 scoop of all natural protein powder (if using as a meal replacement)
Put all ingredients in a high speed blender. Add enough water so that all ingredients are covered. Blend well. You may want to add a little more water if you like your smoothie thinner.
TIP — Want a mintier smoothie? Add food grade peppermint essential oils.
Now go get your green on!
Laura & Amanda
FIT CHICKS xo
PS – As you know nutrition is key to reaching your weight loss & fitness goals. If you love nutrition and want to learn more for yourself or to teach others, there is only 2 days left to sign up for our April Fitness & Nutrition Expert Program before the price increases. If you are interested we def want to make sure you have all the info asap so click here to download the 30 page program brochure and let’s set up an info call to chat!