This past weekend was our semi annual FIT CHICKS Retreat at Horseshoe Resort and OMG did we have a blast!
From zumba to archery to boot camp to an 80′s party (including trivia and ALF even made an appearance:), these chicks worked AND played hard all weekend.
With all this sweating, we made sure to feed them some yummy treats in between meals and this was when we whipped up these little balls of snack time joy that we have name “The Easiest Protein Balls Ever!”.
These not only work great for a pre / post protein snack BUT are awesome for an holiday parties as you won’t know the difference
CHICK FEED: The EASIEST protein balls ever!
Makes approx. 8-20 balls (depending on size rolled)
- 1/2 cup all natural peanut butter
- 1/2 cup of peanut butter flavoured protein powder (vanilla or chocolate works too!)
- 1/3 cup of water
- 1/2 cup of quinoa puffs or brown rice crispies
- 1 small 80% organic dark chocolate bar of choice (I used Green & Black)
- Fill a pot with water and bring to a boil.
- While water is boiling, add protein powder to a bowl and mix in 2 tablespoons of water. Stir and check consistency. Continue to add if the mixture is too thick. You want to reach a soft paste like consistency
- Once protein powder is softened, pour in all natural peanut butter and quinoa puffs / rice crisps and stir until combined. Form into balls and place on parchment lined baking sheet.
- Place a glass bowl in the pot of boil water to form a double boiler to melt chocolate.
- Break chocolate into pieces and place in bowl. Continually stir until melted.
- Dip balls into melted chocolate and return to parchment paper to cool. Place in freezer for 30 min or fridge for 1- 2 hours and serve!
- Don’t like peanut butter? Swap out for almond, cashew or hazelnut. For seed butters, try pumpkin seed, sunflower seed or tahini.
- Switch up their coats! Dark chocolate is awesome for antioxidants but you can also roll these babies in cinnamon (great for balancing blood sugar and reducing cravings), crush nuts or cocoa powder to avoid the extra steps but keep the flavour
- Freeze in pairs: Awesome for a grab and go snack! Package in pairs and put in freezer so you can take with you to work/gym, etc (just make sure to let thaw before eating)
Like these recipes? Our special 2 week Holiday Bootcamp start Nov 30th to wrap up the year and you can still join us. It will be packed with holiday tips / recipes, themed HIIT workouts and prizes to get you feeling FIERCE in time for the holidays. Sign up and come and play with us!
Have a fab day,