So the holidays are now behind us and you may be going through a little “treat” withdrawal. Not to worry – we are here to rescue with our “5 ingredient” or less fix….introducing the 2 ingredient Banana Rama Cookie!
These delectable delights are gluten free, vegan and no sugar added. Perfect for kiddies or toddlers and freeze well for a make ahead “grab and go” snack. Plus, they are an awesome “base cookie” if you want to get creative and add more to them (see Chick Tips below)
2 Ingredient Banana Rama Cookies
- 1 large ripe banana (look for the brown spotty ones for extra sweetness!)*
- 1 cup of gluten free oats or oat flour
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper (they will stick if not!)
- Pour your oats into your coffee or spice grinder to blend into oat flour. If you already have oat flour, skip this step.
- Pour oat flour into a bowl and mash the banana in until a smooth consistency (you can even do this with your hands)
- Form into 6 balls and place on parchment paper. Press down with a fork to a cookie shape.
- Bake for approx. 8 -12 min or until set. Depending on your oven this may vary. Cool before diving in and eating this delicious goodness!
As mentioned above, this is an awesome “base cookie” to build from. Here are some of our faves.
- Banana Chocolate Heaven: Stir in 1/3 cup of dark chocolate chips (Enjoy Life is a great gluten free brand!) or cacao nibs to kick that chocolate craving
- Spicy Cinnamon Raisin Pecan: Add 1 tsp of cinnamon, 1/4 cup of sulphite free raisins, and 1/4 cup chopped pecans…so yummers!
- Trail Mix Madness: Add 1/8 cup chopped dried cranberries, 1/8 cup pumpkin seeds, 1/8 cup chopped almonds or walnuts, 1/8 cup dried coconut. Ridiculously good!
Serve with our chick approved Hot Chocolate with Super Powers or a glass of homemade almond milk. Doesn’t get much better than that!
Have a FIERCE DAY!
Laura, your Head Chick
PS Our awesome new FIERCE IN 8 program has launched (I love, love, love it!) and am pumped that our Feb classes are now online for registration! If you didn’t get in on the first round, make sure you grab your spots for the next session starting Feb 3 – it is will change your life 🙂