So we just got back from Barrie where we were planning our dates for our next FIT CHICKS Weekend Retreat (dates will be posted before Xmas so you can grab your spot as the last one sold out!) and I have a holiday event I have to bring a dessert to. I have been experimenting with my recipes a lot lately to try to make sure I have some healthy options to bring to events. While I am still deciding on the desser that I will bringt, I already know I want to top with what makes every dessert more delicious…whipped cream!
That said, whipped cream can be super hard on your digestion (darn dairy!) and packed with a lot of sugar which wreaks havoc on your body & waistline. Not to fear, the FIT CHICKS whipped cream makeover is here! Check out our dairy free, gluten free, sugar free, paleo & vegan friendly, SUPER CREAMY, DELICIOUS, RICH AND LUXURIOUS Coconut Whipped “Cream” Recipe. (I have served this to peeps without telling them it was not whipped cream and they did not even know the difference!)
HOW TO MAKE COCONUT WHIPPED “CREAM” without the cream
1. Place a can of full fat coconut milk in the freezer for approx 30 – 45 min. Try to get organic and BPA free cans not only for your health but it tastes better.2. Do not shake. Take out of the freezer and open. This is where the magic happens! The thick creamy coconut will have separated from the water and risen to the top of the can.
3. Scoop out the cream from the top that has seperated from the liquid into your blender. (Note: Keep the liquid that has seperated! It is delicious and can be added to smoothies, soups or sauces. You can even freeze it to use it later)
4. Add in whichever flavours you like! I used 1/2 tsp of vanilla and stevia to sweeten this batch. Coconut cream is naturally sweet and delicious so you don’t really need much
5. Blend in your blender or with a hand mixer until light and fluffy. Serve immediately or store in the fridge. This will last for approx 1 – 2 weeks but may get a little harder when chilled. Just give it a little whipping love to bring it back to life before serving again
CHICKS TIPS TO MAKE IT EVEN MORE DELICIOUS!
Here are some extra tips to use this totally irresistible, silky cream:
- Serve on apple crumble, healthy hot chocolate, fresh fruit, protein pancakes or make amazing “ice cream” sundaes
- Make it chocolate! Mix in raw cacao powder for extra antioxidants and for a rich chocolate whipped cream
- Flavour with peppermint or orange essential oils, pumpkin pie spice or cinnamon to take it to the next level!
- Don’t like stevia? Sweeten with an all natural sweetner like raw honey or maple syrup. Stay away from artificial sweetners and white sugar.
This is hands down one of my favorite healthy recipes that does not sacrifice any taste (I actually like it better than whipped cream!) It is so easy and versatile (and so YUMMY!).
So chicks, get creative, make it your own and let us know what you come up with. I promise you will be addicted to this once you try it!
Make today fabulous!
PS Even though Season 1 of “Shape Up with FIT CHICKS” has aired all 12 episodes, it will be re running through the holidays so you can still get your sweat on with us. Check out your local listings for air times and you can still watch online