It’s is post Thanksgiving and I have about 3 cans of canned pumpkin (not the pie filling but just pumpkin) leftover and I have been stuck on what to use it for. Since I am back on my smoothie kick, I was on the hunt for a delish recipe to incorporate it into my morning drink.
Here is a fab Pumpkin Pie Power Smoothie inspired by a version that I found online at Maoomba.com. I made a few changes to suit my tastes and get some more greens in too
CHICK FEED: PUMPKIN PIE POWER SMOOTHIE RECIPE
- 6 ice cubes (I froze my coconut milk in ice cubes in advance
- 2/3 cup non dairy milk (I used 1/2 cup coconut and 1/2 cup water)
- 1 fistful of baby spinach
- 1/2 cup pureed pumpkin
- 1 ripe banana (look for the spotty ones..they are extra sweet!)
- 1 Tbsp flax meal
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil (great source of healthy fats)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice or allspice
Optional: Add in protein powder of your choice. If not adding protein powder, try adding hemp hearts or drink with your eggs at breakie for a good balance of protein, fibre and healthy fats.
Place all ingredients in blender and blend until smooth.
So DELICIOUS…I will def get through my canned pumpkin !! If you have any other ideas for canned pumpkin- please share!
Have a fab day chicks!
PS 16 Days until the Sweats & Sass FIT CHICKS 2012 Retreat – yippee! You can still sign up and join in the fun