Today we are super PUMPED to feature a recipe from one of the fab Chicks from our April Fitness & Nutrition Expert Program – the fierce Danielle!
Danielle is a busy mom of 3, a runner & tabata lover and an overall postive, health loving rockstar. She started the program in April 2015 and as the Fitness and Nutrition Expert Program is taught online, she was able to work it into her schedule and at her own pace.
Danielle is now spreading the her awesome fitness and nutrition knowledge to her community and we could not be more proud (see under her recipe for a little about her FNE experience!).
Now enough if us…Danielle, take it away!!
SPECIAL GUEST POST: Egg White Veggie & Feta Smash by Danielle H
I love breakfast. It is my favourite meal of the day.
I think it is because I haven’t eaten in 10 hours so I am always looking forward to something delicious when I wake up that will keep me full for my busy mornings.
I have 3 kids so time is of the essence. When I need something fast, delicious and nutritious – this is my go to meal. This also makes a great brunch meal when guests are over on the weekends.
This egg white smash is not only satisfying but high in protein, vegetarian, low in calories and gluten free. The ease of the recipe allows me to throw in any veggies I have sitting in the crisper and provides a quick and easy meal. Sometimes I’m not even hungry for lunch!
From a visual standpoint this recipe make a lot of food so it’s also a mental win without all of the guilt of a usual large portion meal.
The versatility of this meal also makes it a great lunch or dinner idea too! As a bonus, it also tastes great re-heated.
Make a couple batches and eat snack sizes when you’re lookingfor a quick bite or post workout meal.
Hopefully you enjoy it as much as I do. Bon Appetite! Danielle H. xo
CHICK FEED: Egg White Veggie and Feta Smash
- 1 cup of liquid egg whites
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp onions, diced
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup broccoli, diced
- 1/2 cup mushrooms, diced
- 1/2 cup tomatoes, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tbsp feta cheese (30 grams)
- Mrs. Dash herb and garlic, as much as you’d like
- pepper, as much as you’d like
- Pour egg whites in a bowl and add pepper and Mrs. Dash. Whisk well. Set aside.
- Heat the coconut oil over medium-high heat until liquid. Turn the heat down to medium and add onions, green bell peppers, broccoli, mushrooms and minced garlic. Sauté until golden brown.
- Pour egg white mixture in heated, sautéed veggie pan. Cook over medium/medium-low heat without touching until the egg whites are semi-firm. Begin to scramble the mixture. Once firm add tomatoes and feta cheese. Once egg white mixture is completely firm – it’s cooked. Enjoy!
Serving Size: Makes one generous serving or 2 smaller servings.
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cooking Time: 20 Minutes (10 Minutes for Veggies and 10 Minutes for Eggs)
Calories: 278 ~Fats: 9 g~ Carbohydrates: 17 g~ Protein: 33 G
Here are some alternatives or subs if needed:
- Change veggies up to ones you prefer. Zucchini, asparagus and red peppers are some of my favourites that add delicious flavor and crunch. Also fresh herbs such as parsley and basil give it a great flavor.
- If you are avoiding dairy you can leave out the feta.
- Feel like you want to kick it up a notch – add your favourite hot sauce.
- Don’t want as much protein – sub 1 whole egg and ½ cup of egg whites to mixture.
- Not a fan of Coconut oil, sub 1 tsp. of butter. This can also be made into an omelet as oppose to a scramble mixture.
A little more about the FNE program in Danielle’s words, “The Fitness & Nutrition Expert Course allowed me to invest in myself, health and well being. Laura and Amanda will empower you through vast knowledge and expertise. Their level of dedication and commitment to their students far exceeded my expectations. They changed my life and I will be forever grateful!”
Today is the LAST day to sign up for 2015 & save $250! Registration rates rise after Sept 11 and the 12 week Fitness & Nutrition Expert Program starts Sept 21 so don’t wait chicks as this course will not be offered again until 2016. Click here to check out more info and email email@example.com to set up an info call
Now we are off to make this delish dish…thanks Danielle!
FIT CHICKS XO