As the weather get colder and our bootcamps head back indoors on Oct 6th for the season (don’t forget it’s our “Countdown to Xmas” 10wk program with $60 off!), I am CRAVING some serious comfort food. Other than my all time fave one pot turkey chili, the second thing I have been wanting like crazy is chocolate chip cookies. But I have always been the chick who doesn’t have the patience to wait til the protein cookies bake so I end of eating all the cookie dough, feeling yucky and it prob isn’t the best thing to eat raw (you know you do it too!) So what does that leave a chick to do? Figure out how to make a healthy cookie dough!
These cookie dough bites are gluten free, vegan, high in healthy fats and complex carbs for an awesome pre workout snack and packed with fibre. The recipe only has 6 easy ingredients that can all be found at Bulk Barn and it takes approx 5 min to make. Try this recipe and let me know if you can eat just one 🙂
CHICK FEED: Healthy No Bake Cookie Dough Balls
- 3/4 cup gluten free oat flour
- 2 TBSP almond milk
- 1 TBSP of melted coconut oil
- 1 TBSP of vanilla extract (i like this baking emulsion found at Bulk Barn as its butter vanilla and very cookie tasting)
- 1 tsp stevia or 2 tbsp coconut sugar (if using stevia, start small and add if needed)
- 1/4 cup of dark chocolate chips or crushed up 80% dark chocolate bar
- Pour the coconut oil, milk, vanilla and sweetner in bowl. Give a whisk.
- Add in flour and chocolate chips and mix. It should be very sticky (I like to just use my hands.). If too dry, simply add a splash of water until forms a big cookie dough ball.
- Seperate in 6 even sections. Roll into balls and place on parchment paper
- Place in freezer for 10 min to set (if you can wait that long:)
- Make Cookie Bars! These are awesome instead of store bought granola or cookie bars. They are also nut free so great to pack in the kiddies lunch.
- Protein Power! Want to turn it into a cookie dough protein bar? Simply add a scoop of your fave vanilla protein. You will just need to add a little more liquid.
- Don’t like chocolate? Swap out raisins or cranberries, add nuts or peppermint extract & cocoa for “Girl Guide Mint thin” cookie dough balls. Think of your fave cookie and recreate.