There are 2 things that I absolutely LOVE when eating: #1: chocolate and #2: Healthy, nutrient rich recipes that contain less than 5 ingredients!
I have a sweet tooth and finding quick to make/ grab sweet treats other than dried fruit when you need quick sweet fix can be a huge challenge. That said, until I discovered this decadent, smooth, velvety homemade chocolate sauce. It is gluten free, dairy free, vegan, can be made in approx 30 sec and has only 3 ingrediants!! Plus, it is packed with healthy fats (and all the other awesome benefits of coconut oil), antioxidants and magnesium to help your muscles chill out.
Last night, I had a sweet craving like none other so I whipped up these choco-nut banana heaven drops (because honestly thats what they tasted like) and had to share with y’all!
CHICK FEED: 3 Ingredient Chocolate Sauce
Makes approx 1 – 3 servings
- 3 TBSP Virgin Cold Pressed Coconut Oil
- 2 TBSP of raw cacao powder (can also be subbed for cocoa powder. I like to use a high quality organic dark chocolate cocoa if subbing for the rich flavour)
- 3 -5 drops of Stevia to sweeten (Non vegan can also use raw honey. Approx a tsp but play with quantities)
- Heat coconut oil in a pot on min until liquid. If making a large batch, you can just put in a food processor as the coconut oil with turn to liquid with the heat from the blended.
- Pour coconut oil into bowl. Stir in raw cacao powder. (Depending on consistency, you may want to add a little more cocoa powder or coconut oil)
- Add stevia or honey to sweeten.
- Choco-nut Banana Heaven Drops Recipe: Slice 1 ripe banana. Spread all natural peanut butter or other seed / nut butter. Drizzle with chocolate sauce and serve 🙂
- Serve on frozen goods! Freeze bananas, strawberries or make homemade ice cream and drizzle with the chocolate sauce. It will harden on the frozen treats and create a Dairy Queen like chocolate shell – so yummy!
- Fondue Style! Make a batch and have at your next dinner party as a healthy fondue dip dessert. Serve with cut on mangoes, pineapple, cut chunks up of grain free banana bread (recipe coming soon!). Pretty & delish!
- Make it fancy! Choco mint: add peppermint extract, Choco Orange: add orange food grade essential oils, Choco Almond: add 1 tbsp of almond butter…the possibilities are endless!
So chicks, the next time the sweet monster hits – try this chocolate sauce! You won’t regret it 🙂
Make today fabulous!
Laura, your Head Chick xo
PS Don’t forget we have extended our Celebrate Summer Promo as we are heading outdoors! Sign up for June 8wk Bootcamp and Save $50 off – can’t wait to see y’all there 🙂