CLICK ON THE PLAYER ABOVE TO LISTEN!
This week on the podcast we interview the awesome Mindy Mylrea. Mindy is the 2016 Empower Instructor of the Year, 2015 PFP Trainer of the Year. 2015 International Presenter of the Year, 2013 CanFitPro Specialty Presenter of the Year, 2008 ECA OBOW Fitness Presenter of the Year, the 2004 Can Fit Pro International Presenter of the Year, the 1999 International IDEA Fitness Instructor of the Year, a National and World Aerobic Champion, an AVIA sponsored athlete, and a five star presenter for IDEA. She is also an advisory board member for Oxygen Magazine, an international presenter, author, motivational speaker, video personality, and CEC provider for both ACE and AFAA.
Mindy is the creator and lead talent behind Gliding , the Gliding discs exercise program. She is a master trainer and on the pro development team for Schwinn Cycling, Body Bar, and Bosu. She is the creator of Tabata Bootcamp that earned Most Impactful Program of 2013, and owner of FitFlix Productions DVD production services. She has authored numerous articles and stars in over 400 instructional videos. Mindy is currently the host of Orbitrek Elite and 6 minutes to slim it infomercials.
In this episode, we cover:
- Nutrition and how important it is to optimal health
- Why Mindy loves Tabata training and why you should too
- How to get an effective workout in 4 minutes
- The proper use of Tabata and its protocol
- How the afterburn really works for High Intensity Interval Training
- Learn how long you will burn fat and calories after your workout
- Hear about Mindy’s Tabata experiment first hand
- Learn how to “work in” vs working out
- Mindy compares Tabata training to having a baby
3 Key Points:
- You can have an effective workout in 4 minutes if you push your limits and max out each movement with Tabata training. Gone is the mindset of needing an hour to get your sweat on.
- Finding balance with your diet is just as important as finding balance with your workouts. Follow a plan that works for you to achieve optimal eating and health.
- Using High Intensity interval training (HIIT) every day is not as effective as using it a couple of times per week. If done properly, you most likely will be too exhausted to do them effectively the following day, so aim for that. Aim for using them to their maximum so you can use your alternate days for recovery.
Mindy is offering a $50 off her One Day To Wellness course in Toronto on September 16th to our listeners! Use code FIT CHICKS to save
Follow Mindy on Instagram @mindymylreafitness
- Fitness & Nutrition Expert Program: Get certified in fitness, nutrition, wellness & business in 12 weeks! Registration is open for the Sept 27, 2017
- Natural Weight Loss Coach: Become a nutrition weight loss expert! 8 week program starts Oct 23, 2017
Want to help support the show?
- Subscribe to us on iTunes and leave a review. Android users can subscribe on Google Play so you never miss an episode!
- Stay in the loop for future podcasts by Clicking here and we will make sure you are the first to know when they are available plus other awesome bonuses too!
- Email us at email@example.com with any questions fitness, nutrition, wellness or business that you would like us to give our 2 cents about!
- Follow us on Facebook!
Laura & Amanda – FIT CHICKS xo
*For informational purposes only. Please consult a physician before starting an exercise program