HAPPY LOVE DAY!!!
If you need a last minute, “I am domestic goddess that wants to show you how much I love you with my amazing culinary skills” recipe for that special someone (which could be you as well!), then we have the treat for you!
Keeping in line with our FIT CHICKS approach of 5 ingredients or less, we fell in love with this recipe from Whole Foods and made a few tweaks to meet our healthy sweet tooth fancy with a little superfood love punch (and a pretty red color!) for Valentines Day. Check it out!
CHICK FEED: Chocolate Dipped Almond Fig with Goji Berries Recipe
- 2/3 cup of 70% dark chocolate
- 1/3 cup chopped raw almonds
- 1/3 cup of goji berries
- 12 plump dried figs, such as Calimyrna
1. Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
2. Chop almonds and goji berries into rough chunks. Set aside in a dish.
3. Melt dark chocolate in a double boiler.
4. Dip figs 2/3 of the way in chocolate and makes sure all excess drips off. Then dip in almond / goji berries mixture. It will be a beautiful mix of red and white flecks:)
5. Place on parchment paper and let cool for approx 2 hours.
6. Place in a pretty box and give to someone you love!
1. The softer figs, the better! Calimyrna figs can be a little tougher than there mission fig friends but they give that “Hershey Kiss” shape we love. Try to find a dried but soft version.
2. Go Goji! Goji berries are little red dried berries (And known as a super food wolfberries!) that can be found at the bulk store. Again they are a dried fruit so you may need to bring them back to life with a little hot water.
3. Try other fruits! Dried apricots, mangos and apples all work too. Just look for organic to avoid the added chemicals 🙂
HAPPY VALENTINES DAY!
FIT CHICKS xo