One of the most common things we hear in this industry for postpartum mama’s is “I want my pre-baby body back” and “how do I get my abs back?” All fair questions, but the answers might surprise you. Which is why we are beyond thrilled to have Nikki Bergen, a top trainer, pre and post natal expert and creator of The Belle Method, The Bump Method and The Pink Method join us today to share her tips on postpartum recovery, the top exercises she advises against, and the one thing that might truly be holding you back from a full recovery – and it is not HIIT or even your nutrition. Listen today for all of Nikkis’ tips and insights on The Bump Method.
CLICK ON THE PLAYER TO LISTEN!
In this episode, we cover:
- What life was like pre baby and how it has shifted being a new mom
- As an expert in postpartum recovery methods Nikki shares with us the number one thing you need to get right to get results
- Learn about her ABC method and why it is more important than anything else
- What exercises she doesn’t use in her postpartum recovery classes and why
- Why your body will never be your “pre-baby body” and why that is OK
- Hear what she thinks about the process of recovery and why it can be frustrating
- Her number one piece of advice for anyone regardless if they are pregnant, postpartum or even just starting out on their health journey
About Nikki Bergen
An inspirational trainer and creative educator with a passion for encouraging women to lead happier, healthier lives, Nikki Bergen is one of Canada’s most sought after health and fitness experts. A former professional dancer, Nikki has dedicated her life to creating fitness programs that create choreography from science, each one specially designed to enable women to ditch the guilt and bring balance to their bodies.Nikki’s passion for helping women has driven her to become a renowned Stott Pilates Instructor, a sought after Instructor Trainer, an expert in Pre and Post Natal Fitness, and a compassionate Health Coach. She is also a trained Breast Cancer Rehab Specialist, having graduated from the Pink Ribbon Program in 2011.
A holistic approach to health and relentless desire to inspire women to realize their dreams led Nikki to create three ground-breaking exercise programs designed specifically for women: The Belle Method, The Bump Method, and The Pink Method.
In 2015, Nikki founded Elevate Retreats, which offers transformational wellness getaways that combine elements of fitness, nutrition and inspiration for women looking to reconnect with themselves and their fellow sisters.
Today, Nikki and her team of skilled trainers work with a wide range of clients, from elite athletes and corporate executives, to women coping with cancer, diastasis recti, sciatica and pain related to pregnancy.
Nikki loves eyeliner and green smoothies, grew up on Madonna’s Immaculate Collection and The Rolling Stones and can’t wait for her next once-in-a-lifetime adventure.
For more info on Nikki’s online courses for pregnancy, Postpartum recovery and beyond http://thebellemethod.com/video-courses/
Instagram @thebellemethod & @thebumpmethod
- Fitness & Nutrition Expert Program: Get certified in fitness, nutrition, wellness & business in 12 weeks! Click to download our brochure. Next program starts March 27 2019.
- Holistic Nutrition Weight Loss Expert: Become a holistic nutrition weight loss expert! Next program starts February 5, 2019. Download our program brochure now!
Want to help support the show?
- Subscribe to us on iTunes and leave a review. Android users can subscribe on Google Play so you never miss an episode!
- Stay in the loop for future podcasts by Clicking here and we will make sure you are the first to know when they are available plus other awesome bonuses too!
- Email us at email@example.com with any questions fitness, nutrition, wellness or business that you would like us to give our 2 cents about!
- Follow us on Facebook!
Laura & Amanda – FIT CHICKS xo
*For informational purposes only. Please consult a physician before starting an exercise program