One of the most frustrating and misunderstood hormone imbalances for women is known as PCOS (polycystic ovarian syndrome) and many of us don’t even know we are struggling with it! Uncontrollable weight gain, infertility, acne, irregular periods, depression and excess hair growth are amongst some of its yucky symptoms that leave you feeling at war with your own body without a solution in sight. The good news is there are ways to naturally manage PCOS and get your body back to into beautiful balance without having to go on medication. In this interview with Naturopathic Dr. Carolyn Mercer and hormone specialist, she gives us all the goods on PCOS, what you need to include in your diet (and avoid!) to support the body and the herbs and supplements that you should be taking today to start feeling your best asap. Whether you suffer from PCOS or have clients that do, this is a must listen for all women!
CLICK ON THE PLAYER TO LISTEN!
In this episode, we cover:
What is PCOS
What are the symptoms of PCOS & how would you know if you had it
Options for treatment
What are lifestyle and diet changes a women could make to manage this herself?
What supplements help with PCOS
How do you know if you have reached androgen balance
- and more!
About Carolyn Mercer:
Carolyn Mercer graduated from Wilfrid Laurier University with a Bachelor of Science, studying biology and psychology. At this time she developed an interest in evidence-based research. Since attending the Canadian College of Naturopathic Medicine, she has integrated her past research-based education with a more holistic avenue of healing. As a Naturopathic doctor, Carolyn was trained in several modalities of alternative health including nutrition, botanical medicine, Chinese medicine and acupuncture, homeopathy, bodywork and lifestyle counselling. Carolyn has an interest in treating digestive issues, weight management issues, fertility, mood disorders and ADHD/autism. She also has an interest in adjunctive naturopathic supporting treaments for those with cancer and autoimmune conditions.
- Fitness & Nutrition Expert Program: Get certified in fitness, nutrition, wellness & business in 12 weeks! Click to download our 2018 brochure. Next program starts September 26 2018.
- Holistic Nutrition Weight Loss Expert: Become a holistic nutrition weight loss expert! Next program starts October 16 2018. Download our program brochure now!
Want to help support the show?
- Subscribe to us on iTunes and leave a review. Android users can subscribe on Google Play so you never miss an episode!
- Stay in the loop for future podcasts by Clicking here and we will make sure you are the first to know when they are available plus other awesome bonuses too!
- Email us at email@example.com with any questions fitness, nutrition, wellness or business that you would like us to give our 2 cents about!
- Follow us on Facebook!
Laura & Amanda – FIT CHICKS xo
*For informational purposes only. Please consult a physician before starting an exercise program