I have had the pleasure of interviewing Kathleen on a few occasions and since the first interview we have always felt connected or as she called it like “fitness sisters” 🙂 We have similar views on how to make fitness work for you and your lifestyle and believe in incorporating fun into everything you do. One of the things I have loved about getting to know Kathleen is how joyful she is when she talks about health and wellness and even calls it finding “pockets of joy”.
In this interview we are chatting all things fad diets, workout plans and all about her new book Your Fittest Future Self where she breaks down all of the plans out there to help you develop your own mix to create the best approach for you.
In this episode we cover:
- The three mixes for adopting a healthier lifestyle
- What the Kathleen cycle is
- The misconception with the word compassionate
- Why she uses wisdom from others to help develop her plan
- Which authors she recommends checking out
- What the “Trainer Chat” is
Kathleen Trotter is a fitness expert, media personality, personal trainer, writer, and author of Finding Your Fit. A Compassionate Trainer’s Guide to Making Fitness a Lifelong Habit and Your Fittest Future Self. Kathleen has been a personal trainer and fitness expert for more than fifteen years. Kathleen writes for publications including the Huffington Post and makes regular TV and media appearances including CTV News, CHCH News, the CBC, Rogers Ottawa, Global Montreal, and Rogers London. Kathleen is currently flying to Montreal regularly for a monthly segment on Breakfast Television. In addition, she has written for the Globe and Mail, Impact Magazine, ParticipAction, Breathe, Alive, Canadian Running, Today’s Parent, Chatelaine, and Glow, and for six years she was the featured personal trainer in the Globe and Mail’s online Fitness Basics weekly web series and included in the Globe’s weekly newsletter for subscribers. Kathleen holds an M.Sc. in Exercise Science from the University of Toronto and a nutrition diploma from the Canadian School of Natural Nutrition. Kathleen is currently working to become a life coach and a certified Nutrition coach through Precision Nutrition.
CLICK ON THE PLAYER TO LISTEN!
Learn more about Kathleen Trotter!
Buy Kathleen’s book at https://www.amazon.ca/Your-Fittest-Future-Self-Healthier-ebook/dp/B07BLPGYXW
Want to help support the show?
- Subscribe to us on iTunes and leave a review. Android users can subscribe on Google Play so you never miss an episode!
- Stay in the loop for future podcasts by Clicking here and we will make sure you are the first to know when they are available plus other awesome bonuses too!
- Email us at email@example.com with any questions fitness, nutrition, wellness or business that you would like us to give our 2 cents about!
- Join our Private Facebook Group! –FIT CHICKS Academy FCA – Uniting & Educating Women in Fitness & Nutrition Build Your Online Fitness & Nutrition Biz with FIT CHICKS® Academy
Laura & Amanda – FIT CHICKS xo
*For informational purposes only. Please consult a physician before starting an exercise program