Happy Wednesday! I know I have been a little MIA lately but I had flown the coop with Amanda on Aug 11th to attend the 2011 Idea World Fitness Convention in Los Angeles (well and a little post convention vacation in Hawaii – post and pics to follow!)
Our days were action packed with such great fitness workshops, information sessions and nutrition seminars. It would take me way too long to share all of what we experienced so I thought I would share my top highlights of the 2011 Idea World Fitness Convention:
1. Stocking up on delicious snacks at my fave US grocers – Trader Joes!
2. Doing an outdoor bootcamp at 7am in front of the Staples Centre (where the LA Lakers play)
3. Getting my butt kicked at an indoor bootcamp style workshop with the awesome Todd Durkin
4. Tabatas & high intensity interval training with Mindy Mylrea and her evil gliders
5. Feeling fierce at an MMA course taught by Kenny Florian’s UFC coach (have you ever heard of hell -bows?)!
6. Listening to Apollo Ohno, world record holder of gold medals at the Winter Olympics and my jaw dropping when he said during training he could leg press over 1900lbs!
7. Dr. Amen – the brain doctor…you have to check out his studies. So fascinating!
8. Meeting other fab peeps who are just as pumped to help others get fit and healthy and feeling inspired all over again (insert warm fuzzies!)
Last night, I tried some of my new found workout moves on my Toronto Bootcamp and the feedback was awesome! I promise to share soon or you can come check them out at my next bootcamp that starts on Sept 5.
Have a fabulous day!